Beware – sailor in town!
A SERIES of confusion and mix-ups are presented in the comedy Sailor Beware at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. Starring Tony Caunter – better known as Roy Evans on BBC1 s EastEnders – Sailor Beware tells the tale of Albert Tuffnell, who is about t
A SERIES of confusion and mix-ups are presented in the comedy Sailor Beware at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage.
Starring Tony Caunter - better known as Roy Evans on BBC1's EastEnders - Sailor Beware tells the tale of Albert Tuffnell, who is about to marry Shirley Hornett and is extremely anxious that she does not take after her mother.
His concern is only worsened when he learns that Shirley has weakly agreed to live only three doors away from her mother.
Albert's only option is to not show up at the church.
You may also want to watch:
However, as with every good comedy, nothing goes to plan, causing chaos, mayhem and side-splitting moments.
The play will be performed at 7.45pm each night from Tuesday to Saturday, February 20 to February 24.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations
- 10 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
There will also be matinee performances at 2.30pm on February 22 and February 24.
Tickets are priced between £11.50 and £16.50.
* A MUSICAL tribute to Lonnie Donegan and other performers of country blues music, such as Van Morrison and Bruce Springsteen, will be performed at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
Paul Leegan and The Legends will perform the concert Putting on the Style at 7.45pm on February 25.
Tickets are £16.50 and £15 for concessions.
* A UNIQUE variety show will bring together three charities - Alzheimers Society, Prostate Cancer and Cancer Research UK.
The 3 Charities Variety Show will include the Elton John Experience, the Stevenage Male Voice Choir and Irish dance and music from The Monemohill Ramblers.
The event takes place at the Gordon Craig Theatre at 7.30pm on Sunday, February 18.
Tickets are £17.50 and £15 for concessions.
For details of the above events call the theatre box office on 08700 131 030 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk