Beware – sailor in town!
A SERIES of confusion and mix-ups are presented in the comedy Sailor Beware at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. Starring Tony Caunter – better known as Roy Evans on BBC1 s EastEnders – Sailor Beware tells the tale of Albert Tuffnell, who is about t
A SERIES of confusion and mix-ups are presented in the comedy Sailor Beware at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage.
Starring Tony Caunter - better known as Roy Evans on BBC1's EastEnders - Sailor Beware tells the tale of Albert Tuffnell, who is about to marry Shirley Hornett and is extremely anxious that she does not take after her mother.
His concern is only worsened when he learns that Shirley has weakly agreed to live only three doors away from her mother.
Albert's only option is to not show up at the church.
You may also want to watch:
However, as with every good comedy, nothing goes to plan, causing chaos, mayhem and side-splitting moments.
The play will be performed at 7.45pm each night from Tuesday to Saturday, February 20 to February 24.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
There will also be matinee performances at 2.30pm on February 22 and February 24.
Tickets are priced between £11.50 and £16.50.
* A MUSICAL tribute to Lonnie Donegan and other performers of country blues music, such as Van Morrison and Bruce Springsteen, will be performed at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
Paul Leegan and The Legends will perform the concert Putting on the Style at 7.45pm on February 25.
Tickets are £16.50 and £15 for concessions.
* A UNIQUE variety show will bring together three charities - Alzheimers Society, Prostate Cancer and Cancer Research UK.
The 3 Charities Variety Show will include the Elton John Experience, the Stevenage Male Voice Choir and Irish dance and music from The Monemohill Ramblers.
The event takes place at the Gordon Craig Theatre at 7.30pm on Sunday, February 18.
Tickets are £17.50 and £15 for concessions.
For details of the above events call the theatre box office on 08700 131 030 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk