Bend, wail and slur with one of the best
BOB Dylan made it rasp, Sonny Boy Williamson made it cry and Stevie Wonder made it sing, and if you ever wanted to have your own harmonica style, a renowned teacher of the ‘harp’ will put you on the right road next Sunday.
Steve Lockwood, a former music lecturer at North Herts College who holds a degree in classical music harmonica, is hosting a session for players of all abilities on August 22 at Club85 in Hitchin from midday to 6pm.
With a CV including credits on over 70 albums and world tours with many bands, you and your harmonica are in good hands.
“No matter what your level of playing is,” Steve said, “Right from complete beginner to advanced, this session will supply you with tips to help improve your blues and pop playing and get the best out of this deceptively humble instrument.”
The session costs �20. Take along a harmonica in the key of C, or if you don’t have one, they will be on sale for �8 on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Advance tickets are available from Steve on 07786 256178 or at Club85.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 9 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity