Beer festival and three day gigs to fundraise for Balstock
- Credit: Archant
A WEEKEND of music – and beer – will be on the menu in Baldock this bank holiday weekend.
The sixth Baldock Independent Beer Festival will take place at Brandles School with a host of bands ready to entertain the crowds.
From 6pm on Friday night until 8pm on Sunday, there will be non-stop music on two stages from 25 acts at the Weston Way venue.
The London Road Studios Main Stage will host tribute bands Fin Lizzy and Highway To Stella on Friday night, with Mouth On A Stick, 5th Wheel, and Wookie also among the line-up.
And the acoustic stage will see a welcome return from a popular act last year, Joan Ov Arc, and local boys Mr Speaker.
You may also want to watch:
It’s part of a big fundraising push for this year’s Balstock Festival, with proceeds going to the event (and Mencap).
And it will be followed by a second fundraiser – ‘Sounds Of Baldock’ – in the town’s Orange Tree pub.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
Bands of all genres will be performing throughout May 10, 11 and 12, with acts including Alex Holmes, The SGs, White Line Diaries, No Sleep Til Bedtime and many more.
Balstock festival organiser Graeme ‘G’ LaRoche said: “We’ve booked up everything from rock, indie, folk and acoustic to reggae, experimental and beatboxing for this year’s Sounds of Baldock! This is a must-see event.”
Balstock 2013 – which is the county’s biggest free festival – will be held on September 13, 14 and 15 at venues across the town.
Any bands wanting to perform should contact G at email@example.com or visit www.balstock.com