Beer festival and three day gigs to fundraise for Balstock
- Credit: Archant
A WEEKEND of music – and beer – will be on the menu in Baldock this bank holiday weekend.
The sixth Baldock Independent Beer Festival will take place at Brandles School with a host of bands ready to entertain the crowds.
From 6pm on Friday night until 8pm on Sunday, there will be non-stop music on two stages from 25 acts at the Weston Way venue.
The London Road Studios Main Stage will host tribute bands Fin Lizzy and Highway To Stella on Friday night, with Mouth On A Stick, 5th Wheel, and Wookie also among the line-up.
And the acoustic stage will see a welcome return from a popular act last year, Joan Ov Arc, and local boys Mr Speaker.
You may also want to watch:
It’s part of a big fundraising push for this year’s Balstock Festival, with proceeds going to the event (and Mencap).
And it will be followed by a second fundraiser – ‘Sounds Of Baldock’ – in the town’s Orange Tree pub.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 4 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 7 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 10 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
Bands of all genres will be performing throughout May 10, 11 and 12, with acts including Alex Holmes, The SGs, White Line Diaries, No Sleep Til Bedtime and many more.
Balstock festival organiser Graeme ‘G’ LaRoche said: “We’ve booked up everything from rock, indie, folk and acoustic to reggae, experimental and beatboxing for this year’s Sounds of Baldock! This is a must-see event.”
Balstock 2013 – which is the county’s biggest free festival – will be held on September 13, 14 and 15 at venues across the town.
Any bands wanting to perform should contact G at email@example.com or visit www.balstock.com