Beats 'n' Pieces
* DUST off your punk clothes because The Inhalers are coming to Biggleswade. The newly formed band will be playing at The Red Lion next Thursday, March 20. Band members Ventolin Inhaler (guitar and vocals), Monoxide Inhaler (drums) and Lord Brett Sinclair
* DUST off your punk clothes because The Inhalers are coming to Biggleswade.
The newly formed band will be playing at The Red Lion next Thursday, March 20.
Band members Ventolin Inhaler (guitar and vocals), Monoxide Inhaler (drums) and Lord Brett Sinclair III Inhaler (bass and vocals) who are from Stevenage, Biggleswade and Sandy, will be playing a mix of punk and new wave covers from the late 70s.
Brett said: "You can expect a great evening's entertainment. We cover all of the usual suspects such as The Pistols, The Clash, The Jam, The Damned, Ramones, Buzzcocks, Skids, Undertones, Gen X, Elvis Costello and many more.
You may also want to watch:
"This is stuff that we've all loved for years, but don't get to play in our usual bands.
"It's about the spirit and energy of 76 and 77. We'll be playing dub reggae between sets just like they used to at the original Roxy Club in London."
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays
For more information about the band visit www.myspace.com/theinhalersuk
* A BAND which has captured the essence of Led Zeppelin will be in town next week. Tribute band, Led Zeppelin Too, will be making some noise at the Red Lion, in Stevenage on Friday, March 21, at 8pm.
The band who have been described as "absolutely storming", "awesome!" and "stupidly fantastical" are bound to draw in an impressive crowd.
For more information visit www.ledzeppelin tribute.co.uk
* THE Ghost Frequency, whose first single Nightmare was voted second in NME's club chart of the year last December, will be at Club 85 in Hitchin next Thursday, March 20. The band, who formed in 2005 and are signed with City Rockers, are due to release their third single this month as well as their debut album in the spring. For more information visit www.my space.com/theghostfrequency