Beats 'n' Pieces
CAN you help? The Lost Boys are tearing their hair out in their search for a drummer. Terry Chapman said: We have been looking for the last three to four months now. He added: Eric, our original drummer, and Dale, my son, who plays with Imicus, are he
CAN you help? The Lost Boys are tearing their hair out in their search for a drummer.
Terry Chapman said: "We have been looking for the last three to four months now."
He added: "Eric, our original drummer, and Dale, my son, who plays with Imicus, are helping out but we really need a permanent drummer with a good sense of timing and commitment as we have got a lot of gigs lined up for 2008 already.
"Although we only play a maximum of once a week we like to keep it fun and not turn it into a job!"
Contact Terry on email@example.com
*ALL girl band Spiked, who hail from Hitchin, will be supporting punk/ska band Random Hand on their first headline tour of the UK. Random Hand, who recently featured in a live session on Radio 1, will be joining Spiked at Bedford Esquires on this Saturday. Also on the bill are Magic Skool Bus and No Cigar. Tickets are £6 and doors open at 7.30pm.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
* APPARENTLY, only the "chronic generation" need attend a punkfest at the Ivy Leaf Club in Langford. According to organisers, "there'll be no room for the 'mindless few'."
The gig will include The Judders, The Billy Hunts, Cheezey and The Helmits and a legendary local punk band from the 1980s. If you are part of the chronic generation get down to the venue on January 26 for a 7pm start.
* TALL Paul is no longer coming to Hitchin. His gig at Remix has been cancelled due to a double booking, however, the club are hoping they can get in Fedde Le Grand of Put Your Hands Up For Detroit fame in March. Watch this space...