Beats 'n' Pieces
SKA, reggae, punk, blues, dub, rock, jazz, funk – The Defekters mess with it all. The Stevenage band will be taking to The Coach and Horses on Saturday, February 9, along with Hooverhead. Although the bands have their own style they do have one thing in c
SKA, reggae, punk, blues, dub, rock, jazz, funk - The Defekters mess with it all. The Stevenage band will be taking to The Coach and Horses on Saturday, February 9, along with Hooverhead. Although the bands have their own style they do have one thing in common - Luke Stevens, who plays in both. Not to be missed! www.mys pace.com/thedefekters and www.myspace.com/hooverhead
* THE Vincent Bar has decided to become the main venue for 50s rock'n'roll in Stevenage. From March they will only have bands of this genre playing. Owner Mick said: "There's a lot of rock'n'roll clubs around, but there's no main venue in Stevenage."
* AFTER a break of a year the team behind Northern Soul @ Plinston! returns. But this time they have a new home - the Spirella Ballroom in Letchworth GC. During the event they will be showcasing six hours of all things soulful from across the eras, from the 60s to today, from deep funk to R'n'B.
The date for the first event is Friday, February 8, for an 8pm start. Tickets are limited, but can be bought at the box office on 01462 672003. They are £8 in advance or £9 on the door. For details or to reserve tickets contact email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
* Model Horror is This Is Fake DIY Records' latest signing and will soon be releasing We Are Here and Stand Still in early March. The band also has a number of dates lined up in the near future. Catch them at their single launch party at Club 85, Hitchin, on March 14. Check out www.myspace.com/themodelhorror
* CHRON Gen are back together and have got a reunion gig lined up! The band, who formed in Letchworth GC and were huge in the 80s but haven't had an album out since then, will be at The Ivy Leaf Club, Langford, on January 26. Someone throwing a party requested they get back together and perform and the band took them up on it. They are especially welcoming music lovers who enjoyed them before to come and join in the fun.
- 1 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 2 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 5 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 6 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 7 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 8 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage