Beats 'n' Pieces
SKA, reggae, punk, blues, dub, rock, jazz, funk – The Defekters mess with it all. The Stevenage band will be taking to The Coach and Horses on Saturday, February 9, along with Hooverhead. Although the bands have their own style they do have one thing in c
SKA, reggae, punk, blues, dub, rock, jazz, funk - The Defekters mess with it all. The Stevenage band will be taking to The Coach and Horses on Saturday, February 9, along with Hooverhead. Although the bands have their own style they do have one thing in common - Luke Stevens, who plays in both. Not to be missed! www.mys pace.com/thedefekters and www.myspace.com/hooverhead
* THE Vincent Bar has decided to become the main venue for 50s rock'n'roll in Stevenage. From March they will only have bands of this genre playing. Owner Mick said: "There's a lot of rock'n'roll clubs around, but there's no main venue in Stevenage."
* AFTER a break of a year the team behind Northern Soul @ Plinston! returns. But this time they have a new home - the Spirella Ballroom in Letchworth GC. During the event they will be showcasing six hours of all things soulful from across the eras, from the 60s to today, from deep funk to R'n'B.
The date for the first event is Friday, February 8, for an 8pm start. Tickets are limited, but can be bought at the box office on 01462 672003. They are £8 in advance or £9 on the door. For details or to reserve tickets contact email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
* Model Horror is This Is Fake DIY Records' latest signing and will soon be releasing We Are Here and Stand Still in early March. The band also has a number of dates lined up in the near future. Catch them at their single launch party at Club 85, Hitchin, on March 14. Check out www.myspace.com/themodelhorror
* CHRON Gen are back together and have got a reunion gig lined up! The band, who formed in Letchworth GC and were huge in the 80s but haven't had an album out since then, will be at The Ivy Leaf Club, Langford, on January 26. Someone throwing a party requested they get back together and perform and the band took them up on it. They are especially welcoming music lovers who enjoyed them before to come and join in the fun.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour