Beats ’n’ pieces
THE Hop is celebrating 50 years of music and five bands, well known at the time, have reunited to perform all of their 60 s numbers at a one-off charity event. The event, taking place at the Woodhall Community Centre in Welwyn Garden City on June 16, cele
THE Hop is celebrating 50 years of music and five bands, well known at the time, have reunited to perform all of their 60's numbers at a one-off charity event.
The event, taking place at the Woodhall Community Centre in Welwyn Garden City on June 16, celebrates the anniversary of a night that saw a youthful Rob Stewart, David Bowie, John Mayall and Eric Capton take to the stage.
Mick Taylor, of Rolling Stones fame, was even discovered at the Hop when he stood in for an absent Eric Clapton!
* ENGLISH guitar pop doesn't come much better than in the form of The Maccabees. They were championed by BBC radio 1, received airtime on MTV2 and the video was an internet hit on YouTube.
You may also want to watch:
Mid 2006 NME reviewed their show at Café de Paris and dubbed them "The best new band in Britain."
Catch them at The Junction on April 29 or check out www.myspace.com.themaccabees.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss
* LONDON-based metal band Nothing Gained will be making their first appearance at Club 85, Hitchin, Friday April 27.
Driven by heavy riffs and front woman Emma's impressive vocal range, they'll be playing material from forthcoming album 'Nascent'. Check out http://www.myspace.com/nothinggained
Or, get down to the venue on Friday May 4 and catch one of the biggest unsigned acts in the Uk, the Wombats, who are releasing their new single Backfire that evening.
To buy tickets for the event call or visit Club 85, 01462 434801. Check out www.thewombats.co.uk or www.myspace.com/thewombatsuk