Beats ’n’ pieces
# POPULAR in the 70s and early 80s, the Bully Wee Band were exemplars of acoustic folk and rock music. And after 30 years or so performing together, the original line-up are now on to their fourth reunion tour. One leg of this tour will see band members C
# POPULAR in the 70s and early 80s, the Bully Wee Band were exemplars of acoustic folk and rock music. And after 30 years or so performing together, the original line-up are now on to their fourth reunion tour. One leg of this tour will see band members Colin Reece, Jim Yardley, Fergus Feely and Ian Cutler coming to Hitchin as part of the town's Folk Club night this Sunday at the Sun Hotel in Sun Street.
# WE ARE approaching yet another busy weekend at Club 85, with no less than four gigs between now and the late hours of Sunday evening. Scavengers Daughter, My Pet Junkie, Flamboyant Bella, Gilla Burka and The Funky Monks are just a handful of the bands performing at the Hitchin venue over the next few days. See the gig guide for times and prices.
# THE Postels Club in Stevenage also has a bit of a busy week ahead, with three nights of music this week. Tonight (Thursday) sees a performance by The Hanks, on Saturday Abacus will be on stage, while next Thursday Campbells Country will be at the venue.
# X FACTOR finalists Eton Road and Robert Allen are coming to Stevenage. Making one of their first appearances since being voted off the ITV show, they will be performing at the Chicago Rock Café this Thursday, January 25.
4 ONE last thing this week - every Monday there is a new open mic night at the Mexican Mule in Letchworth GC, starting from 8pm. Call the venue on 01462 679748 for more details.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas