Beats 'n' Pieces
IT S a miracle that Swarb s Lazarus are playing in Hitchin! Dave Swarbrick, one of the infamous trio, read his premature obituary in a national paper in 1999. But he had actually made a full recovery after years of debilitating emphysema, to his fans rel
IT'S a miracle that Swarb's Lazarus are playing in Hitchin! Dave Swarbrick, one of the infamous trio, read his premature obituary in a national paper in 1999. But he had actually made a full recovery after years of debilitating emphysema, to his fans' relief.
The band are at Hitchin Folk Club, The Sun Hotel, this Sunday.
* VANILLA Nightmare's MySpace site states, "Three blokes from Stevenage liked making music together, and so they did" - and they obviously did it well! The group recently appeared on MTV2 last year and are recording three new tracks as we go to press.
* RHYTHMS of the World needs all the support it can get as it grows in size every year. To make the 2007 festival the best ever get down to Club 85 this weekend for the first of three benefit gigs, or visit www.rotw.org.uk to start getting involved.
You may also want to watch:
Fruition are headlining at the ROTW fundraising gig on Saturday. The boys from Pirton, who supported The View, Larrikin Love, The Rifles, The Modern and The Holloways in 2006, are currently working on new material. Check out myspace.com/fruition or www.fruitionhq.co.uk.
* THE Bandwagon has been promoted! Due to the success of Tuesday nights at Penthouse they have now been given Thursday nights to showcase the best indie DJs in the area. Neil's Children will be at The Penthouse on Thursday, February 8, with support from The Parade.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof