Beats ’n’ pieces
BANDS to watch out for include Guildean Gang. The band, which started only six months ago, are already building up quite a following. Their music has been described as Mystery Jets meets The Holloways easy indie pop with an air of The Strokes stand and d
BANDS to watch out for include Guildean Gang. The band, which started only six months ago, are already building up quite a following. Their music has been described as Mystery Jets meets The Holloways easy indie pop with an air of The Strokes' stand and deliver style.
Catch them at The Scene (Jumpin Jaks) on March 22. See www.myspace.com/guildeangang
* BANG ON IT organiser Don Moore said: "I really want to look after the local talent and put them on with signed touring bands". And that he has done - The Parade, The Filthy Youth and The Artisans are lined up for March 2 at Plinston Hall in Letchworth GC. Headliners Look See Proof are newly signed to a good record label and pull over 300 people to their shows!
* ROCK 'n' roll may have felt a loss when Meggido split but Heavy Side System has resurrected in its place. Evolving the style of their predecessor they've developed a more melodic, contemporary sound that appeals to both old school metal fans and the new generation of 'metallers'. See www.myspace.com/heavysidesystem
You may also want to watch:
* EVEN an eighties pop star's parents can drive her Wilde! Marty Wilde who masterminded a number of his daughter Kim Wilde's pop hits is bringing the spirit of the 1950's and 60's back to Stevenage. To catch the rock and roll icon in the flesh get down to the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, on Tuesday, March 6. Call the box office on 08700 131 030.
* GUITARIST fans will be aware of Johnny Dickinson. During his time in Spitcrow he was described as "the most potent slide player in the UK" and since his BBC Folk Award nomination this year he has toured with the likes of Tommy Emmanuel and played many of the UK's major festivals and will be at Hitchin Folk Club, The Sun Hotel in Sun Street, Hitchin, next Sunday, March 4. Log on to www.johnnydickinson.com
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 5 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 9 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits