Beats ’n’ pieces
SAD news for Ardent Kicks fans – as of February 22 the band will split amicably with guitarist Chris going solo. The remaining three members are in the process of writing material and coming up with a new name. Watch this space! * FLOODS of Red, one of Ro
SAD news for Ardent Kicks fans - as of February 22 the band will split amicably with guitarist Chris going solo. The remaining three members are in the process of writing material and coming up with a new name. Watch this space!
* FLOODS of Red, one of Rock Sound's 'Hot One Hundred' and with their track Oh Yes There Will Be Blood included on Kerrang's 'New Breed' compilation CD, are heading for high heights. Their last tour date promoting their EP Lost In The Light is at Club 85 in Hitchin next Saturday, February 24.
* JIMI Hendrix and ZZ TOP are coming to Letchworth in the form of The Hamsters. The group recently performed their 3,750th concert and are one of the most established UK premier blues-rock attractions, featuring on Top Gear, Radio 1 and even, to their surprise, Bargain Hunt!
* IMICUS are releasing an EP in April but fans can catch the video to the lead track Inveigle on YouTube and MySpace this week. Their debut album Resolution has received more than 20,000 downloads since its release. Catch them at imicusband.com or www.myspace.com/imicus
You may also want to watch:
* A PROGRESSIVE rock band is seeking a guitarist/keyboard player to complete their line-up. The guitarists must be able to play solid rhythm with solo ability an extra. Material consists of covers and originals. For more info call Savash on 07746 862385.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 6 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 7 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals