Beats ’n’ pieces
SAD news for Ardent Kicks fans – as of February 22 the band will split amicably with guitarist Chris going solo. The remaining three members are in the process of writing material and coming up with a new name. Watch this space! * FLOODS of Red, one of Ro
SAD news for Ardent Kicks fans - as of February 22 the band will split amicably with guitarist Chris going solo. The remaining three members are in the process of writing material and coming up with a new name. Watch this space!
* FLOODS of Red, one of Rock Sound's 'Hot One Hundred' and with their track Oh Yes There Will Be Blood included on Kerrang's 'New Breed' compilation CD, are heading for high heights. Their last tour date promoting their EP Lost In The Light is at Club 85 in Hitchin next Saturday, February 24.
* JIMI Hendrix and ZZ TOP are coming to Letchworth in the form of The Hamsters. The group recently performed their 3,750th concert and are one of the most established UK premier blues-rock attractions, featuring on Top Gear, Radio 1 and even, to their surprise, Bargain Hunt!
* IMICUS are releasing an EP in April but fans can catch the video to the lead track Inveigle on YouTube and MySpace this week. Their debut album Resolution has received more than 20,000 downloads since its release. Catch them at imicusband.com or www.myspace.com/imicus
You may also want to watch:
* A PROGRESSIVE rock band is seeking a guitarist/keyboard player to complete their line-up. The guitarists must be able to play solid rhythm with solo ability an extra. Material consists of covers and originals. For more info call Savash on 07746 862385.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards