Beats ’n’ pieces
THE lads from The Broadcast, a five-piece band from Hitchin, Arlesey, Shillington, Langford and Broom are racking up gigs. The band, who class Bloc Party, The Cure and Arctic Monkeys among their influences are playing at Club 85 on March 11 and Stotfold T
THE lads from The Broadcast, a five-piece band from Hitchin, Arlesey, Shillington, Langford and Broom are racking up gigs.
The band, who class Bloc Party, The Cure and Arctic Monkeys among their influences are playing at Club 85 on March 11 and Stotfold Town Hall on March 17. Join their 351 friends online at www.myspace.com/broadcast4
* HITCHIN Town Hall was packed out recently for the AC wrestling event. As the wrestlers grunted through grudge matches and rollicked in royal rumbles Hitchin band Harmony in Violence played on. The gig was unfortunately their last so there are openings for bands to play at the next event in May... www.acwrestling.co.uk
* COMEBACK kings Quarantine and 20 Dead Camels have stepped back on stage to the relief of their fan base. The two bands gigged at The Red Lion in Stevenage recently and have many more gigs lined up for the future.
www.myspace.com/quarantineuk and www.myspace.com/deadcamels.
* ONE of gigs lined up for the Camels is the Triangle Festival Benefit Gig taking place on Saturday, March 10, at Hitchin Town Hall. Bands are joining the gig list to help raise funds for the festival, which celebrates the diverse array of cultural backgrounds of the people of Hitchin.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 6 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 7 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 10 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
* NME says they are "self consciously now", The Guardian says "they reek of east London trendiness... they may yet prove to be a scam!" and Timeout says "Trash Fashion's It's a Rave Dave is a late contender for single of the year!"
Trash Fashion are championing the Nu Rave scene, find out for yourself on March 17 at Club 85 in Hitchin. Log on to www.trash-fashion.com