Beats 'n' Pieces
DUE to overwhelming demand Soundarc Studios in Shefford have opened three new rehearsal rooms. Rooms have a full PA, guitar amp, bass amp and drum kit, all included in the £9.50 per hour price. For more information check out www.myspace.com/soundarcstudio
DUE to overwhelming demand Soundarc Studios in Shefford have opened three new rehearsal rooms.
Rooms have a full PA, guitar amp, bass amp and drum kit, all included in the £9.50 per hour price.
For more information check out www.myspace.com/soundarcstudio or www.soundarc.com or call 07931985801.
* WITHIN 12 hours of Misguided Missiles telling people they had uploaded two new songs, Spin and Turn and Run Up, on their MySpace site they had had 200 hits on each song. The band, which only started in November are preparing for a show in April and are lining up lots more. Check them out at myspace.com/misguidedmissiles
You may also want to watch:
* HITCHIN band Flamboyant Bella won the third heat of the Red Stripe band competition at The Junction, Cambridge.
To keep updated on the next heat check out www.junction.co.uk
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
* THIS is the year of comebacks. After a standing ovation at a Queen Elizabeth Hall gig in 2003 Van Der Graaf Generator decided to write new material and rewrite their future. The group were 'the' English progressive rock band of the 1970s playing gigs with Jimi Hendrix, T Rex, Pink Floyd and Genesis. And now they are coming to The Junction, Cambridge, on April 8. Check out junction.co.uk
* CAT Stevens, may have changed his name to Yusuf Islam and recently bought out another album, but Al And The Firecats still pay tribute to the original Cat. And they will join folk crooners Cathryn Craig and Brian Willoughby at Hitchin Folk Club on April 1.Check out www.cathryncraig.com and www.alandthe firecats.at