Beats 'n' pieces
THE Sailor in Hitchin is opening its doors every Friday night to showcase local talent. This week they have Blind Drunk Jules on stage, playing great blues and rock covers, including tracks by Jimi Hendrix and Gary Moore. * THE last monthly ceilidh is ta
THE Sailor in Hitchin is opening its doors every Friday night to showcase local talent. This week they have Blind Drunk Jules on stage, playing great blues and rock covers, including tracks by Jimi Hendrix and Gary Moore.
* THE last monthly ceilidh is taking place at Hitchin Town Hall tomorrow (Friday) before the summer recess and Grand Union have been invited along to perform traditional English dance music. Tickets are £7.50 and £4 for under-14s. Doors open at 7.30pm.
* THE Engine in Baldock welcomes bluesy four-piece the Fridge Magnates this Saturday. The band plays superb covers, including The Kaiser Chiefs' I Predict a Riot and Champagne Supernova by Oasis. Visit www.fridgemagnates.com for more info.
* PSYCHEDELIC eccentrics Clayson and the Argonauts are headlining Eclectic Mix at Club 85 on Sunday. Alongside the veterans of craze are The Otters and The Righteous Ones of the Blazing Rockets. Doors open at 7.45 and tickets are £3.
* HERTS' own Frog Stupid are joined by Six Point Five and Wee Bit Merry to make up the threesome who are gracing The Green Room in Welwyn Garden City next Tuesday from 7.30pm. Tickets for the gig are £4.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening