Beats ’n’ pieces
SQUEEZED Unplugged are playing at The Cricketers in Hitchin this Saturday, July 22. The duo will be playing lots of Squeeze songs and other covers from artists such as Crowded House and The Beatles. The shows starts at 8pm. * AS A child I wanted to be in
SQUEEZED Unplugged are playing at The Cricketers in Hitchin this Saturday, July 22. The duo will be playing lots of Squeeze songs and other covers from artists such as Crowded House and The Beatles. The shows starts at 8pm.
* AS A child I wanted to be in a band called Mumrah, named after the evil mummy from the cartoon Thundercats. As it turned out, I was quite a hopeless musician. However, to my delight another band has taken up that particular name. Mumrah are playing alongside Once Over, Counterfeit and Sorry We Steal at Club 85, Hitchin, on Saturday.
* THE ever-popular classic rock band Butterfly Blues Bands are at it again. Live at The Squirrel in Stevenage this Saturday, the boys will be strumming those chords to the applause of the wide-mouthed agog listeners.
* BLACK Peppeur are back at The Arena Tavern in Letchworth. Next Thursday, July 27, the Peppeur will be playing a number of their feel-good anthems at one of North Hertfordshire's most popular venues.
You may also want to watch:
* TWENTY-FOUR-year-old Chris Smyth has been lined up to appear at The Buck's Head in Little Wymondley next Friday, July 28. The free gig from the singer-songwriter starts from 9pm and more information about Chris can be found at www.chrissmyth.com
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker