Beats 'n' pieces
THE Audrey Hepburns are joined by the Hazel Turnock Big Band and Bullo Pill at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City tomorrow (Friday). The Hepburns are worth the £5 entry fee alone. Trust me. But with support from the fabulous Hazel Turnock you won t beli
THE Audrey Hepburns are joined by the Hazel Turnock Big Band and Bullo Pill at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City tomorrow (Friday).
The Hepburns are worth the £5 entry fee alone. Trust me. But with support from the fabulous Hazel Turnock you won't believe your luck.
* HITCHIN'S Phoenix is opening its wings to Grimly Fiendish tomorrow (Friday).
A full-on mixture of dirty sleaze rock and twisted energetic roll, the Fiendish are one of the edgier rock bands around.
You may also want to watch:
* FOUR young rock and metal bands have been invited to play at the STMA hall in Shefford on Saturday. Slave to Nature, Unclassified, Exnihilo and Centre of Eruption are all geared up to give a thumping display of guitar and drums. £4 entry.
* DUTCH folk duo Stef White and Kirsten de Ligney are popping into The Orange Tree, Baldock, courtesy of the Baldock and Letchworth Folk Club, next Wednesday.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 8 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
The bluesy folk couple are stopping off briefly as part of their UK tour.
* DEADBEAT Promotions presents Death Can Dance, Between Broken Ashes and Fistfights and Brake Lights for another beast of a night at Club 85, Hitchin next Thursday, June 22.
Again, the bands are pretty useful and the price is good at £4.