Beats 'n' pieces
THE Audrey Hepburns are joined by the Hazel Turnock Big Band and Bullo Pill at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City tomorrow (Friday). The Hepburns are worth the £5 entry fee alone. Trust me. But with support from the fabulous Hazel Turnock you won t beli
THE Audrey Hepburns are joined by the Hazel Turnock Big Band and Bullo Pill at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City tomorrow (Friday).
The Hepburns are worth the £5 entry fee alone. Trust me. But with support from the fabulous Hazel Turnock you won't believe your luck.
* HITCHIN'S Phoenix is opening its wings to Grimly Fiendish tomorrow (Friday).
A full-on mixture of dirty sleaze rock and twisted energetic roll, the Fiendish are one of the edgier rock bands around.
* FOUR young rock and metal bands have been invited to play at the STMA hall in Shefford on Saturday. Slave to Nature, Unclassified, Exnihilo and Centre of Eruption are all geared up to give a thumping display of guitar and drums. £4 entry.
* DUTCH folk duo Stef White and Kirsten de Ligney are popping into The Orange Tree, Baldock, courtesy of the Baldock and Letchworth Folk Club, next Wednesday.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 5 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 8 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 9 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 10 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
The bluesy folk couple are stopping off briefly as part of their UK tour.
* DEADBEAT Promotions presents Death Can Dance, Between Broken Ashes and Fistfights and Brake Lights for another beast of a night at Club 85, Hitchin next Thursday, June 22.
Again, the bands are pretty useful and the price is good at £4.