Beats 'n' pieces
THE Audrey Hepburns are joined by the Hazel Turnock Big Band and Bullo Pill at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City tomorrow (Friday). The Hepburns are worth the £5 entry fee alone. Trust me. But with support from the fabulous Hazel Turnock you won t beli
THE Audrey Hepburns are joined by the Hazel Turnock Big Band and Bullo Pill at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City tomorrow (Friday).
The Hepburns are worth the £5 entry fee alone. Trust me. But with support from the fabulous Hazel Turnock you won't believe your luck.
* HITCHIN'S Phoenix is opening its wings to Grimly Fiendish tomorrow (Friday).
A full-on mixture of dirty sleaze rock and twisted energetic roll, the Fiendish are one of the edgier rock bands around.
* FOUR young rock and metal bands have been invited to play at the STMA hall in Shefford on Saturday. Slave to Nature, Unclassified, Exnihilo and Centre of Eruption are all geared up to give a thumping display of guitar and drums. £4 entry.
* DUTCH folk duo Stef White and Kirsten de Ligney are popping into The Orange Tree, Baldock, courtesy of the Baldock and Letchworth Folk Club, next Wednesday.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
The bluesy folk couple are stopping off briefly as part of their UK tour.
* DEADBEAT Promotions presents Death Can Dance, Between Broken Ashes and Fistfights and Brake Lights for another beast of a night at Club 85, Hitchin next Thursday, June 22.
Again, the bands are pretty useful and the price is good at £4.