Beats ’n’ pieces
# NEW music night Hazard kicks off this week at Club 85 in Hitchin with a flurry of quality bands. Model Horror, Violet Martinez, The Frays and Rosalita will all be taking part in the DR Promotions indie night this Saturday. # GOOD old rocking blues is on
# NEW music night Hazard kicks off this week at Club 85 in Hitchin with a flurry of quality bands. Model Horror, Violet Martinez, The Frays and Rosalita will all be taking part in the DR Promotions indie night this Saturday.
# GOOD old rocking blues is on the menu when Grapevine Blues take the stage at The Sailor in Hitchin this Friday evening. The band plays two gigs this week, with a performance at the Lord Roberts in Market Square, Sandy, on November 17.
# SHORTY'S Sports Bar's Wide Awake Club continues this week with three bands playing at the Hitchin venue this coming Friday. Local favourites Montague Rainbow are headlining, with performance by Decora and Peechy just before the main act.
# HITCHIN Folk Club favourites Chris While and Julie Matthews are back at The Sun Hotel once again with their "wonderful vocals and excellent arrangements". According to the club's literature "no superlatives say enough". They are well worth a listen, then. They play Sunday evening.
You may also want to watch:
# THE always popular local band Gekko are tonight's luscious offering at The Red Lion in Stevenage Old Town. The three-piece are a well-balanced blend of bouncy rock and funk music that will have you tapping your feet before you've even made it to the bar.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 5 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker