Beats ’n’ pieces
# NEW music night Hazard kicks off this week at Club 85 in Hitchin with a flurry of quality bands. Model Horror, Violet Martinez, The Frays and Rosalita will all be taking part in the DR Promotions indie night this Saturday. # GOOD old rocking blues is on
# NEW music night Hazard kicks off this week at Club 85 in Hitchin with a flurry of quality bands. Model Horror, Violet Martinez, The Frays and Rosalita will all be taking part in the DR Promotions indie night this Saturday.
# GOOD old rocking blues is on the menu when Grapevine Blues take the stage at The Sailor in Hitchin this Friday evening. The band plays two gigs this week, with a performance at the Lord Roberts in Market Square, Sandy, on November 17.
# SHORTY'S Sports Bar's Wide Awake Club continues this week with three bands playing at the Hitchin venue this coming Friday. Local favourites Montague Rainbow are headlining, with performance by Decora and Peechy just before the main act.
# HITCHIN Folk Club favourites Chris While and Julie Matthews are back at The Sun Hotel once again with their "wonderful vocals and excellent arrangements". According to the club's literature "no superlatives say enough". They are well worth a listen, then. They play Sunday evening.
# THE always popular local band Gekko are tonight's luscious offering at The Red Lion in Stevenage Old Town. The three-piece are a well-balanced blend of bouncy rock and funk music that will have you tapping your feet before you've even made it to the bar.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?