Beats 'n' Pieces
ROCK and blues aficionado Blind Drunk Jules is at The Sailor in Hitchin this Friday. Playing a number of classic covers from the likes of Santana, Eric Clapton and Gary Moore, Jules will be on stage from 9pm. * ALSO on Friday, but this time at the Henlow
ROCK and blues aficionado Blind Drunk Jules is at The Sailor in Hitchin this Friday. Playing a number of classic covers from the likes of Santana, Eric Clapton and Gary Moore, Jules will be on stage from 9pm.
* ALSO on Friday, but this time at the Henlow Greyhound Stadium in Lower Stondon, is Light Alloy.
This five-piece label themselves as the Home Counties' premier rock band and have been together since, well, forever.
The gig follows the regular evening greyhound meeting and is due to start st 10.45pm.
* HITCHIN Folk Club welcomes Canadian folk band Tanglefoot to the town's Sun Hotel this Sunday.
A "thunderous live band" this five-piece have "well-written folk-influenced songs played with hell-bent rampaging abandon."
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
It's the "rampaging abandon" bit that really does it for me.
* CAMBRIDGE-based Behind Bars are playing at The Red Lion in Biggleswade tonight (Thursday).
The four-piece have a "unique blend of rock, jazz and pop" of sweeping ambition.
For more information on the band visit www.bandbehindbars.co.uk
* NEXT Tuesday, September 19, 2 Feet Wide, Dead Weight and Gavin McCann are all on at Club 85 in Hitchin.
There's lots of metal, rock and grunge to be had at yet another top Club 85 night. Entrance to the gig is £3 and it starts at 7.45pm.