Beats 'n' Pieces
ROCK and blues aficionado Blind Drunk Jules is at The Sailor in Hitchin this Friday. Playing a number of classic covers from the likes of Santana, Eric Clapton and Gary Moore, Jules will be on stage from 9pm. * ALSO on Friday, but this time at the Henlow
ROCK and blues aficionado Blind Drunk Jules is at The Sailor in Hitchin this Friday. Playing a number of classic covers from the likes of Santana, Eric Clapton and Gary Moore, Jules will be on stage from 9pm.
* ALSO on Friday, but this time at the Henlow Greyhound Stadium in Lower Stondon, is Light Alloy.
This five-piece label themselves as the Home Counties' premier rock band and have been together since, well, forever.
The gig follows the regular evening greyhound meeting and is due to start st 10.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
* HITCHIN Folk Club welcomes Canadian folk band Tanglefoot to the town's Sun Hotel this Sunday.
A "thunderous live band" this five-piece have "well-written folk-influenced songs played with hell-bent rampaging abandon."
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 6 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 7 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
It's the "rampaging abandon" bit that really does it for me.
* CAMBRIDGE-based Behind Bars are playing at The Red Lion in Biggleswade tonight (Thursday).
The four-piece have a "unique blend of rock, jazz and pop" of sweeping ambition.
For more information on the band visit www.bandbehindbars.co.uk
* NEXT Tuesday, September 19, 2 Feet Wide, Dead Weight and Gavin McCann are all on at Club 85 in Hitchin.
There's lots of metal, rock and grunge to be had at yet another top Club 85 night. Entrance to the gig is £3 and it starts at 7.45pm.