Beats 'n' pieces
# THE Waterfront, Proceed, Broadway Park – a mixture of punk, metal, rock and lots of other noises performed on guitars and drums. The Phoenix in Hitchin plays host to these three bands on Friday night. Entrance is £4. # A BAND for all occasions, the Los
# THE Waterfront, Proceed, Broadway Park - a mixture of punk, metal, rock and lots of other noises performed on guitars and drums. The Phoenix in Hitchin plays host to these three bands on Friday night. Entrance is £4.
# A BAND for all occasions, the Lost Boys cover everything from The Monkees to Deep Purple amd The Clash. Can you imagine that! Anyway, they are at The Squirrel in Stevenage on Saturday evening. Find out more at www.geocities.com/uklostboys
# CLUB 85's Saturday collective bring you metal, a sprinkling of post hardcore rock and some more metal. Scar My Eyes, Forever Falling and Burning Beneath will keep the party people happy and the neighbours wide awake.
# THE Red Lion in Stevenage has pulled off a great scoop by inviting the legendary 'King of Acoustic Blues', Dave Peabody, to play a gig as part of its Blues at the Red night on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
# IF soul, rock, blues and Motown are your thing then your luck might just be in. Why not pop down to The Sailor, Hitchin next Wednesday and catch a set by the Cruisin Mooses who play bucket loads of the stuff?
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 9 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 10 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'