Beats ’n’ pieces
# THE Scene, at Stevenage s Jumpin Jaks tonight (Thursday), is being billed as The after show party for every gig you have ever been to . Look See Proof, who have recently had the privilege of touring with The Fratellis, are headlining. # LOCAL favouri
# THE Scene, at Stevenage's Jumpin Jaks tonight (Thursday), is being billed as "The after show party for every gig you have ever been to". Look See Proof, who have recently had the privilege of touring with The Fratellis, are headlining.
# LOCAL favourites Fruition are back at Club 85 tomorrow (Friday) with a pre-launch party for their single Black Mariah. Also on the bill are Model Horror, Escape 1942 and Calayla. The gig starts at 9.45pm and entrance is £4.50.
# FREAK out with Freak 4 at The George in Hitchin next Saturday, Friday 14. The garage surf band will be joined by punksters The Kramers and garage blues outfit Blood Safari. Doors open at 8pm and it's £3 to get in.
# ALT rock outfit the Goo Goo Dolls are playing at The Corn Exchange in Cambridge on Friday. The New York threesome celebrated their 20th anniversary this year and visit the city as part of their European tour.
# SINGER-songwriter Slaid Cleaves is playing at The Sun Hotel in Hitchin as part of the Hitchin Folk Club's autumn programme. Cleaves, a leading light on the US roots circuit, comes with a fierce reputation for great live performances. He is playing on Sunday.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown