Beats ’n’ pieces
# SQUEEZED unplugged, performing all sorts of classic Squeeze songs and other great tracks from artists such as The Beatles and Crowded House, are on at The Victoria pub in Hitchin this Friday evening. For more information on the band visit www.myspace.co
# SQUEEZED unplugged, performing all sorts of classic Squeeze songs and other great tracks from artists such as The Beatles and Crowded House, are on at The Victoria pub in Hitchin this Friday evening. For more information on the band visit www.myspace.com/squeeze dunplugged
# THE magnificent Boom in the Diamond Industry is playing as part of Friday's North Herts Ska, Punk and Hardcore shindig at Club 85 in Hitchin. Listen to a couple of their songs at www.myspace.com/boominthedia mondindustry In support are Mouth Wash.
# FORMER Dr Feelgood band member Wilko Johnson will be entertaining at the Walkern Sports Club with his band this Saturday. The rhythm and blues guitarist is also a former member of Ian Dury's The Blockheads. The support act is to be announced.
# KHALO, Exit Stage Right and Blood Runs Dry are all playing as part of a Soul Captive Promotions event at The Phoenix in Hitchin on Friday night.
You may also want to watch:
The night starts at 8pm and finishes whenever you crawl into bed on Saturday morning.
# IF YOU haven't downloaded a copy already, visit www.karenlouise.com/kl/ and get your sticky little fingers on Bringing Me Home, Karen's title track from her debut album. Profits are donated to Starfish Greathears Foundation, which supports children whose families have been devastated by HIV/AIDS.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker