Beats 'n' pieces
* FANCY some reggae, ska or soul? Or how about a little bit of pop and rock? The Mighty Wonderfuls have it all and are at The Arena Tavern, Letchworth, tonight (Thursday). Join Ray Cordell and the band for a funky evening. * RED Dollar are all about dem
* FANCY some reggae, ska or soul? Or how about a little bit of pop and rock? The Mighty Wonderfuls have it all and are at The Arena Tavern, Letchworth, tonight (Thursday). Join Ray Cordell and the band for a funky evening.
* RED Dollar are all about demonstrating and instigating adrenaline and they are making their debut appearance at Shorty's Sports Bar in Hitchin tomorrow (Friday). Catch them before they start their UK tour. Visit www.myspace.com/reddollar for more information.
* HITCHIN-based rock and blues band Ten Days Unshaven are also at Letchworth's Arena Tavern this week. On Thursday, May 4, at 8.30pm, the band will take the stage playing music from the 60s and 70s, including classics from Hendrix and Eric Clapton.
* WILD Willy Barrett's Sleeping Dogz will perform at The Sun Hotel, Hitchin, on Sunday. The unique trio mix English, Cajun, Celtic and Moorish influences to produce a blend of highly emotive and original music.
You may also want to watch:
* SING-A-LONG-Abba includes the Swedish supergroup's greatest hits performed live with on-screen lyrics so everyone can join in. So say Thankyou For The Music at the Bedford Corn Exchange on April 29 at 7.30pm. Tickets are £16.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 9 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?