Beats 'n' pieces
* Amanaboutadog will be performing some of their original music at Hitchin s Club 85, Whinbush Road, on March 12. The band s members, Claire, Ben, Tozzy and Andy, will be joined by The Sunshine Variety and This Interview. * Cuban jazz and salsa violinist
* Amanaboutadog will be performing some of their original music at Hitchin's Club 85, Whinbush Road, on March 12.
The band's members, Claire, Ben, Tozzy and Andy, will be joined by The Sunshine Variety and This Interview.
* Cuban jazz and salsa violinist Omar Puente is the special guest of Latin jazz night club Pink Champagne, at Hitchin Town Football Club, Fishponds Road, on Sunday.
Advance tickets are £15 from Chris on 01462 431206, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
* Gekko are a three piece funk rock band who write and perform all of their own material.
They cite Jimi Hendrix and Blind Melon as two of their influences and are playing at The Red Lion, Stevenage, tomorrow (Friday).
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
* The Wizard of Oz, Roland Chadwick, will be delivering a big bag of blues at the Silver Moon, Hitchin, on Saturday.
The guitarist, who hails from Down Under, said: "The blues is about the angst and uncertainty of being alive."
* The Buzzcocks are still going strong after 30 years and will be taking the stage at The Junction, Cambridge, on March 12.
Punk rock is approaching its official 30th birthday and the Buzzcocks were there at the start.