Beats 'n' pieces
* Amanaboutadog will be performing some of their original music at Hitchin s Club 85, Whinbush Road, on March 12. The band s members, Claire, Ben, Tozzy and Andy, will be joined by The Sunshine Variety and This Interview. * Cuban jazz and salsa violinist
* Amanaboutadog will be performing some of their original music at Hitchin's Club 85, Whinbush Road, on March 12.
The band's members, Claire, Ben, Tozzy and Andy, will be joined by The Sunshine Variety and This Interview.
* Cuban jazz and salsa violinist Omar Puente is the special guest of Latin jazz night club Pink Champagne, at Hitchin Town Football Club, Fishponds Road, on Sunday.
Advance tickets are £15 from Chris on 01462 431206, or email email@example.com
* Gekko are a three piece funk rock band who write and perform all of their own material.
They cite Jimi Hendrix and Blind Melon as two of their influences and are playing at The Red Lion, Stevenage, tomorrow (Friday).
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 9 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival set to make triumphant return
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
* The Wizard of Oz, Roland Chadwick, will be delivering a big bag of blues at the Silver Moon, Hitchin, on Saturday.
The guitarist, who hails from Down Under, said: "The blues is about the angst and uncertainty of being alive."
* The Buzzcocks are still going strong after 30 years and will be taking the stage at The Junction, Cambridge, on March 12.
Punk rock is approaching its official 30th birthday and the Buzzcocks were there at the start.