Beats 'n' pieces
* Karmadillo are a Cambridge based acoustic pop folk-rock trio that formed in 2002. They are part of the Kick Back night at The Silver Moon, Hitchin, tonight (Thursday) at 8pm. They will be joined by Sean Taylor and Tim Cochrane. * Blues and roots trio
* Karmadillo are a Cambridge based acoustic pop folk-rock trio that formed in 2002. They are part of the Kick Back night at The Silver Moon, Hitchin, tonight (Thursday) at 8pm. They will be joined by Sean Taylor and Tim Cochrane.
* Blues and roots trio the Spikedrivers are heading back to Bedford on Friday for their third visit to Ents Shed. They will be performing their take on, among others, Muddy Waters. Doors open at 8pm, tickets are £8, with £5 concessions.
* Gary Boners big band brand of Americana roots and whoops was formed in 1991. The bluesy sound will be entertaining the crowd at the Walkern Sports Club this Saturday, March 25, from 8pm. Tickets are £10 and £12.
* Emily Smith won the 2002 BBC Radio Scotland's Young Scottish Traditional Musician of the Year Award and in the same year formed her own band. She plays at The Sun Hotel, Hitchin on March 26. Presented by Hitchin Folk Club.
You may also want to watch:
* Former Blur guitarist Graham Coxon has certainly moved on from the band that made his name, last year winning a NME Award for Best Solo Artist. He will be at The Junction, Cambridge, on March 30. Tickets are £14.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage