Beats 'n' pieces
* THE OGB are playing at Hitchin Town Football Club tonight (Thursday). They are teaming up with Funky Strings and in this one-off gig they are going to be working with a 30-piece string orchestra. To reserve your ticket call 07976 381645. * THE Arena Ta
* THE OGB are playing at Hitchin Town Football Club tonight (Thursday).
They are teaming up with Funky Strings and in this one-off gig they are going to be working with a 30-piece string orchestra.
To reserve your ticket call 07976 381645.
* THE Arena Tavern brings another two nights of music to you this week. Tonight (Thursday) they have Matt and Owen Ltd, plus guests, and next Thursday they play host to Desoto. Two great nights in just one venue.
* THIS Saturday, May 20, Club 85 in Hitchin is playing host to two events. At 2pm The Voice presents Her Words Kill, The Waterfront and The Abner, and later in the day Queer State features Trash Fashion and Clubber Lang.
* HITCHIN Folk Club presents The Bills at The Sun Hotel, Hitchin on May 21.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
From the west coast of Canada comes this intriguing quintet renowned for their instrumental virtuosity. Visit www.thebills.ca for details.
* JUST to let all music lovers know Mayfest 2006 is not far away.
One of the biggest events in Herts takes place at Brent Pelham on May 28. Advance tickets are £20 and £25 on the day.
Visit www.mayfest.org.uk or keep an eye out for next week's paper for more details.