Beats 'n' pieces
* THE OGB are playing at Hitchin Town Football Club tonight (Thursday). They are teaming up with Funky Strings and in this one-off gig they are going to be working with a 30-piece string orchestra. To reserve your ticket call 07976 381645. * THE Arena Ta
* THE OGB are playing at Hitchin Town Football Club tonight (Thursday).
They are teaming up with Funky Strings and in this one-off gig they are going to be working with a 30-piece string orchestra.
To reserve your ticket call 07976 381645.
* THE Arena Tavern brings another two nights of music to you this week. Tonight (Thursday) they have Matt and Owen Ltd, plus guests, and next Thursday they play host to Desoto. Two great nights in just one venue.
You may also want to watch:
* THIS Saturday, May 20, Club 85 in Hitchin is playing host to two events. At 2pm The Voice presents Her Words Kill, The Waterfront and The Abner, and later in the day Queer State features Trash Fashion and Clubber Lang.
* HITCHIN Folk Club presents The Bills at The Sun Hotel, Hitchin on May 21.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations
- 10 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
From the west coast of Canada comes this intriguing quintet renowned for their instrumental virtuosity. Visit www.thebills.ca for details.
* JUST to let all music lovers know Mayfest 2006 is not far away.
One of the biggest events in Herts takes place at Brent Pelham on May 28. Advance tickets are £20 and £25 on the day.
Visit www.mayfest.org.uk or keep an eye out for next week's paper for more details.