Beats 'n' Peaces
A METAL n roll band which were voted fifth top unsigned band of 2007 in Kerrang! will be coming to Hitchin on Friday. None the Less who are from Watford will be fitting Club 85 into their busy schedule when they perform alongside funky rock quartet Inst
* A METAL 'n' roll band which were voted fifth top unsigned band of 2007 in Kerrang! will be coming to Hitchin on Friday. None the Less who are from Watford will be fitting Club 85 into their busy schedule when they perform alongside funky rock quartet Instill, indie band Spandex Ballet and solo acoustic artist Stuart O'Connor who will be returning to the club on March 23 for the launch of his new album.
A ROLLING Stones tribute band will be staging an energetic two hour show in Letchworth GC next weekend, jam-packed with classic Stones hits including Satisfaction, Lady Jane and Can't Always Get What You Want. The Rollin Stoned will be performing at Plinston Hall on Friday, March 7, from 8pm (doors open at 7.30pm). Tickets are available by calling the box office on 01462 672003.
* YOUNG bands across Comet country have the chance to wow crowds at the second 3Style Festival organised by the Hertfordshire Children's Trust Partnership, on July 20 at Batchwood Hall in St Albans. Organisers are calling for demos to be submitted for consideration from keen young musicians. Demos should be sent to: Jonathan Jack, 28 Castle Street, Hertford, SG14 1HH. Alternatively bands can send details of their Myspace page to Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org gov.uk or contact him on 07825 522567.
You may also want to watch:
* A ROCK 'n' roll club is to be launched at the Vincent Bar in Stevenage this Saturday (March 1). Crazy Man Crazy from Kent will be the first band to get the regular event off to a flying start.
Owner Mick Camper said: "Visitors can expect a great night. We are trying to bring rock 'n' roll back to Stevenage. It's so hard to start something like this and get it going so we want as many people to come as possible and support their local rock 'n' roll club."
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
The gig which will be followed by a disco will begin at 8pm.