Beats and Pieces
CLASSIC rock band Lost Boys are looking for a new singer/front person because their current singer Luisa is leaving to go abroad. Bassist Dave Whitton said: We want a good all-round singer. They need to be confident and have a good voice. We have auditio
* CLASSIC rock band Lost Boys are looking for a new singer/front person because their current singer Luisa is leaving to go abroad. Bassist Dave Whitton said: "We want a good all-round singer. They need to be confident and have a good voice. We have auditioned so many people but haven't found anybody and if this carries on we will have to drop some of our gigs."
The band have been going for around six years and play mainly covers of bands such as Free, Thin Lizzy, Cream, Guns 'n' Roses, Green Day, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Gary Moore.
For more information call Dave on 01438 222146 (evenings).
You may also want to watch:
* THEY were only formed a year ago but Hitchin band The Broadcast have already appeared on national radio, appeared at more than 70 shows nationwide and have supported some of the biggest bands, both signed and unsigned. And next week the pop punk/electro and power-pop band will be returning to Club 85 in Hitchin. For more information visit www.mys pace.com/thebroadcast5
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
* STEVENAGE-based funk-rock band Gekko are looking for an experienced, talented and committed drummer.
The band will be headlining at the opening of Bowes Lyon over-18s gig night on April 5 and Andrew Budge who is organising the event said: "Pulling out is not an option."
The band's influences include Led Zeppelin, Jimmi Hendrix, Muse, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Jeff Buckley, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley and Rage Against the Machine.
They are looking for someone local to North Herts who has their own transport.
If anyone is interested or would like more information call 07718 983229.
For more information about the gig visit www.myspace.com/bowes_lyon_gigs or www.myspace.com/gekkoband
* A FIVE-piece band who get inspiration from a variety of genres will be performing at The Grange Community Centre, in Letchworth GC tomorrow (Friday).
Music lovers who visit the infectious and energetic Mighty Wonderfuls can expect a set which includes Mustang Sally, Brown-Eyed Girl, I'm A Believer and Soul Man.
For more information call lead vocalist Ray Cordell on 07779 740854 or email email@example.com
The gig will start at 9pm. Members free, non members £2.