BBC team are Introducing an added extra for Standon Calling’s festival bill
- Credit: Archant
The BBC Introducing acts have been unveiled for Standon Calling Festival’s 10th birthday party in the Herts countryside.
Amber Run, Nova Twins, Attaque, Longy and more have been confirmed for the coveted Saturday slot on the dedicated BBC Introducing Stage.
Standon Calling returns to the grounds of 16th century manor house Standon Lordship, near Ware, from Friday, July 31, to Sunday, August 2.
For the first time the festival has invited BBC Introducing to programme Saturday’s Last Dance Saloon stage.
Five-piece rock band Amber Run will headline alongside hotly-tipped urban artists Nova Twins, electronic producer and multi-instrumentalist Attaque and ‘international street brawler’ Longey, hot on the heels of his recent Glastonbury performance.
You may also want to watch:
Singer-songwriter Alice Walker will also perform, as well as indie-poppers Youth Club, alternative pop singer-songwriter Natasha North and the soulful, jazz-inspired Kimberley Newell.
Standon Calling founder Alex Trenchard said: “We’re so pleased to have the BBC Introducing team curate one of our favourite stages at Standon and incredibly excited about the talent that is emerging from the surrounding areas.”
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour