Bard’s Taming tale is Settlement show in Letchworth this week
- Credit: Archant
Energy, humour, a dash of violence –what’s not to like about Shakespeare’s The Taming Of The Shrew?
The famous love story, the basis of the hit musical Kiss Me Kate as well as one of the Bard’s best-loved works, is the latest production from The Settlement Players in Letchworth.
The curtain goes up at the Little Theatre at the The Settlement in Nevells Road next Thursday, November 13, and the show runs until Saturday.
Samantha Powell, who plays Katherine, said: “This show is not for the faint hearted but it promises to be a great evening out.
“Director Cliff Francis has worked hard to make this show accessible and funny, and would love to convert a few Shakespeare-sceptics into Shakespeare-lovers.”
You may also want to watch:
Wild and angry Katherine’s younger sister Bianca is forbidden to marry by stern dad before a husband is found for his older daughter, but who will be brave or crazy enough to walk up the aisle with her?
Cue costume swapping, music, mistaken identity, a battle of wills and the odd flying plate and it’s hardly a stuffy slice of Elizabethan drama.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
Tickets are £7, available from David’s Music in Eastcheap, Letchworth, or by calling 01462 475900.
To find out more about the company, visit www.settlement-players.co.uk.