Balstock ready to rock
With over 100 acts playing across nine venues, this year’s Balstock is set to be a monster.
Now in its sixth year, the free festival of home-grown music in Baldock takes place from Friday September 9 to Sunday 11 at The Engine, The White Hart, The Orange Tree, The White Lion, The Rose and Crown, The Boot, The Hen and Chickens, The Shed and Taste Caf�, as well as in the High Street.
Highlights includes Fearless Vampire Killers, Camus and the Cat, There Were Bears, The Gentle Italian and Echo Lake.
The event is run by a non-profit organisation in association with the local publicans, the town centre management, North Herts District Council and After Dark promotions in aid of charity Help for Heroes.
Organiser Graeme ‘G’ La Roche said this year’s event is going to be a “stunner”.
You may also want to watch:
“All around Baldock town, pubs and streets will become a haven of musical performances from 100 plus bands and acts, blasting a variety of genres for free.
“This year we ask that you join for a pub crawl or bring your family to the High Street. On Saturday the High Street will host live music, food and activities for children, teenagers and above. All throughout the weekend venues will provide music including rock, ska, acoustic, metal, jazz, folk, blues, covers and much more. Every venue is free to get into, but we ask that you help raise money by giving to collection tins, buying Balstock CDs, t-shirts and other merchandise for sale, all proceeds of which will go to Help For Heroes.”
- 1 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 2 'Staff working in schools are terrified' - headteacher pleads for COVID-19 vaccine
- 3 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 4 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 5 Body found in search for missing woman
- 6 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 7 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 8 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
Festival brochures are available from the venues and David’s Music in Letchworth, and more information on all the events can be found at www.balstock.com or on the Balstock Facebook and Twitter pages.