Baldock showcase for blues great Dave Kelly’s talents next week
- Credit: Archant
They expect blues men to have paid their dues – and Dave Kelly has certainly done that.
A founder member of The Blues Band along with Paul Jones, Dave is known as a blues craftsman who has served his time with the best.
In New York he jammed with Muddy Waters, and he could count both Howlin’ Wolf and John Lee Hooker as friends – both used his expertise in their touring bands.
Dave is the special guest of the Baldock and Letchworth Blues, Folk and Roots Club next Wednesday, October 22, and it’s being billed as a unique opportunity to see the country’s finest blues guitarist in an intimate setting.
Dave first started forging his reputation in the late 1960s and was an obvious choice for slide guitar and joint vocalist duties when the Blues Band surfed the revival wave a decade later.
He’s been on the road and in the studio for more than 35 years now, producing solo albums, touring with Paul Jones and adding his sound to soundtrack and commercial sessions.
Tickets are £12 with £10 concessions, call 01767 683583 or email email@example.com for yours.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
The club, based at the Orange Tree in Baldock, serves up live music every Wednesday evening from 8.30pm. You can find out about other artists booked in for the coming months online at www.madnanny.co.uk.