Baldock showcase for blues great Dave Kelly’s talents next week
- Credit: Archant
They expect blues men to have paid their dues – and Dave Kelly has certainly done that.
A founder member of The Blues Band along with Paul Jones, Dave is known as a blues craftsman who has served his time with the best.
In New York he jammed with Muddy Waters, and he could count both Howlin’ Wolf and John Lee Hooker as friends – both used his expertise in their touring bands.
Dave is the special guest of the Baldock and Letchworth Blues, Folk and Roots Club next Wednesday, October 22, and it’s being billed as a unique opportunity to see the country’s finest blues guitarist in an intimate setting.
Dave first started forging his reputation in the late 1960s and was an obvious choice for slide guitar and joint vocalist duties when the Blues Band surfed the revival wave a decade later.
You may also want to watch:
He’s been on the road and in the studio for more than 35 years now, producing solo albums, touring with Paul Jones and adding his sound to soundtrack and commercial sessions.
Tickets are £12 with £10 concessions, call 01767 683583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for yours.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
The club, based at the Orange Tree in Baldock, serves up live music every Wednesday evening from 8.30pm. You can find out about other artists booked in for the coming months online at www.madnanny.co.uk.