Baldock showcase for blues great Dave Kelly’s talents next week
- Credit: Archant
They expect blues men to have paid their dues – and Dave Kelly has certainly done that.
A founder member of The Blues Band along with Paul Jones, Dave is known as a blues craftsman who has served his time with the best.
In New York he jammed with Muddy Waters, and he could count both Howlin’ Wolf and John Lee Hooker as friends – both used his expertise in their touring bands.
Dave is the special guest of the Baldock and Letchworth Blues, Folk and Roots Club next Wednesday, October 22, and it’s being billed as a unique opportunity to see the country’s finest blues guitarist in an intimate setting.
Dave first started forging his reputation in the late 1960s and was an obvious choice for slide guitar and joint vocalist duties when the Blues Band surfed the revival wave a decade later.
You may also want to watch:
He’s been on the road and in the studio for more than 35 years now, producing solo albums, touring with Paul Jones and adding his sound to soundtrack and commercial sessions.
Tickets are £12 with £10 concessions, call 01767 683583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for yours.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 3 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 4 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Controversial plan for 600 homes forges ahead
- 10 Helicopter and armed police hunt weapon suspects
The club, based at the Orange Tree in Baldock, serves up live music every Wednesday evening from 8.30pm. You can find out about other artists booked in for the coming months online at www.madnanny.co.uk.