Baldock’s Old White Horse beer festival to return this August bank holiday
- Credit: Archant
A Baldock pub’s annual beer festival is set to make a grand return this August bank holiday after a hiatus of five years.
The Old White Horse in Station Road used to be famed throughout the area for its annual beer festival, dating back to the early 1990s – but with the pub changing hands several times in a few years, it hasn’t been held since 2012.
The pub became part of the Charles Wells brewery’s Pizza Pots Pints chain last year, and manager George King and his team have decided it is high time the festival returned to the Baldock event calendar.
He told the Comet: “After people told us about the beer festival, we decided that we just had to start it up again!
“We’ll have 24 real ales from local breweries, such as Son of Sid, Milton Brewery and many more.
You may also want to watch:
“We haven’t forgotten about the cider-lovers either – with four ciders from Apple Cottage Cider here in Baldock and the Cambridge Cider Company, there’ll be something for everyone’s taste.
“But what will soak up all the beer, I hear you ask?
- 1 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 4 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 5 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 6 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 7 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 8 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 9 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
“We’ll have a hog roast, paella, pizza, and ma ‘n’ cheese available all weekend.
“We will also be showcasing local talent with live music throughout the day – keep an eye on our Facebook page to find out who.”
The festival will run from Friday to Monday, August 25 to 28, stretching over the entire bank holiday weekend.
To find out more see facebook.com/oldwhitehorse or give the pub a call on 01462 893168.