Baldock’s Old White Horse beer festival to return this August bank holiday
- Credit: Archant
A Baldock pub’s annual beer festival is set to make a grand return this August bank holiday after a hiatus of five years.
The Old White Horse in Station Road used to be famed throughout the area for its annual beer festival, dating back to the early 1990s – but with the pub changing hands several times in a few years, it hasn’t been held since 2012.
The pub became part of the Charles Wells brewery’s Pizza Pots Pints chain last year, and manager George King and his team have decided it is high time the festival returned to the Baldock event calendar.
He told the Comet: “After people told us about the beer festival, we decided that we just had to start it up again!
“We’ll have 24 real ales from local breweries, such as Son of Sid, Milton Brewery and many more.
You may also want to watch:
“We haven’t forgotten about the cider-lovers either – with four ciders from Apple Cottage Cider here in Baldock and the Cambridge Cider Company, there’ll be something for everyone’s taste.
“But what will soak up all the beer, I hear you ask?
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
“We’ll have a hog roast, paella, pizza, and ma ‘n’ cheese available all weekend.
“We will also be showcasing local talent with live music throughout the day – keep an eye on our Facebook page to find out who.”
The festival will run from Friday to Monday, August 25 to 28, stretching over the entire bank holiday weekend.
To find out more see facebook.com/oldwhitehorse or give the pub a call on 01462 893168.