Baldock’s Old White Horse beer festival to return this August bank holiday
- Credit: Archant
A Baldock pub’s annual beer festival is set to make a grand return this August bank holiday after a hiatus of five years.
The Old White Horse in Station Road used to be famed throughout the area for its annual beer festival, dating back to the early 1990s – but with the pub changing hands several times in a few years, it hasn’t been held since 2012.
The pub became part of the Charles Wells brewery’s Pizza Pots Pints chain last year, and manager George King and his team have decided it is high time the festival returned to the Baldock event calendar.
He told the Comet: “After people told us about the beer festival, we decided that we just had to start it up again!
“We’ll have 24 real ales from local breweries, such as Son of Sid, Milton Brewery and many more.
“We haven’t forgotten about the cider-lovers either – with four ciders from Apple Cottage Cider here in Baldock and the Cambridge Cider Company, there’ll be something for everyone’s taste.
“But what will soak up all the beer, I hear you ask?
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
“We’ll have a hog roast, paella, pizza, and ma ‘n’ cheese available all weekend.
“We will also be showcasing local talent with live music throughout the day – keep an eye on our Facebook page to find out who.”
The festival will run from Friday to Monday, August 25 to 28, stretching over the entire bank holiday weekend.
To find out more see facebook.com/oldwhitehorse or give the pub a call on 01462 893168.