Mel Quinn's single launch show and duo Wildfire open Baldock Folk Club's new autumn season
- Credit: Mel Quinn
Acoustic duo Wildfire will be the opening headline act of Baldock Folk Club's new season.
The club reopens at The Orange Tree pub on Wednesday, September 8 following the highly successful Folk 'round the Tree festival which raised over £600 for a local branch of the MND Association last Sunday.
Bedford duo Wildfire specialise in covering well-known songs from artists as diverse as Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen, and will provide the club with a lively start to the autumn season.
Local singer-songwriter Phil Hewett is the support. Phil sings a mixture of traditional English folk songs as well as his own compositions focussing on Hertford and its surrounds.
Admission is free and doors open at 7.10pm for a 7.30pm start.
On September 22, the club welcomes talented singer-songwriter Daria Kulesh.
Before then, Stevenage singer-songwriter Mel Quinn will be launching single Tiny Lil Den at The Orange Tree on Friday, September 3 with a rare full band performance from 7.30pm.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
Support comes from Indi Forde, of Indi and The Vegas fame, and G La Roche.