Mel Quinn's single launch show and duo Wildfire open Baldock Folk Club's new autumn season
- Credit: Mel Quinn
Acoustic duo Wildfire will be the opening headline act of Baldock Folk Club's new season.
The club reopens at The Orange Tree pub on Wednesday, September 8 following the highly successful Folk 'round the Tree festival which raised over £600 for a local branch of the MND Association last Sunday.
Bedford duo Wildfire specialise in covering well-known songs from artists as diverse as Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen, and will provide the club with a lively start to the autumn season.
Local singer-songwriter Phil Hewett is the support. Phil sings a mixture of traditional English folk songs as well as his own compositions focussing on Hertford and its surrounds.
Admission is free and doors open at 7.10pm for a 7.30pm start.
On September 22, the club welcomes talented singer-songwriter Daria Kulesh.
Before then, Stevenage singer-songwriter Mel Quinn will be launching single Tiny Lil Den at The Orange Tree on Friday, September 3 with a rare full band performance from 7.30pm.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 4 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Trial date set for Met police officer from Stevenage accused of rape
- 10 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
Support comes from Indi Forde, of Indi and The Vegas fame, and G La Roche.