Back to Baldock Town Hall for ceilidh crew’s Valiant October session
- Credit: Archant
After a one-month move to the nearby St Mary’s Church hall the team which presents Unicorn ceilidh sessions is back at Baldock Town Hall at the end of the month.
Heading the bill on Friday, October 30, will be the Valiant Dance Band with caller Barry Goodman.
The Valiant line-up includes Katie Howson on melodeon, Liz Giddings (fiddle), Roger Digby (anglo concertina), Rob Neal (cello) and John Howson (banjo) who combine to present unusual and danceable tunes with lashings of style and great musicianship.
Over the years members have played in some of England’s most influential ceilidh bands, while Barry Goodman is well-known as a caller at major folk festivals and ceilidh series all around the country.
The evening starts at 8pm, with doors open at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 for adults with concessions available, and the first six students arriving before 8pm getting in free.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death