Back to Baldock Town Hall for ceilidh crew’s Valiant October session
- Credit: Archant
After a one-month move to the nearby St Mary’s Church hall the team which presents Unicorn ceilidh sessions is back at Baldock Town Hall at the end of the month.
Heading the bill on Friday, October 30, will be the Valiant Dance Band with caller Barry Goodman.
The Valiant line-up includes Katie Howson on melodeon, Liz Giddings (fiddle), Roger Digby (anglo concertina), Rob Neal (cello) and John Howson (banjo) who combine to present unusual and danceable tunes with lashings of style and great musicianship.
Over the years members have played in some of England’s most influential ceilidh bands, while Barry Goodman is well-known as a caller at major folk festivals and ceilidh series all around the country.
The evening starts at 8pm, with doors open at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 for adults with concessions available, and the first six students arriving before 8pm getting in free.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 9 I love it when a plan comes together: Alex Revell happy with Stevenage's resurgence
- 10 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs