Award winning pianist helps celebrations
AS PART of Stevenage s 60th anniversary as a New Town, the English Sinfonia will be holding a concert at the Gordon Craig Theatre. The evening will feature concert pianist John Lill, who has won numerous international awards, including the coveted Moscow
AS PART of Stevenage's 60th anniversary as a New Town, the English Sinfonia will be holding a concert at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
The evening will feature concert pianist John Lill, who has won numerous international awards, including the coveted Moscow International Tchaikovsky Competition.
He has also been awarded the CBE for his services to music.
The Sinfonia will play Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante and the Harlow Concertante, written by Stevenage composer Elizabeth Poston.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage mayor, Cllr Simon Speller, said: "This is a unique opportunity for people to see one of the world's great pianists performing live in concert and to hear some of Elizabeth Poston's wonderful work.
"This concert is certain to be one of the most memorable events celebrating the 60th anniversary of Stevenage as a New Town."
- 1 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 2 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 3 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 4 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 5 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 8 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 9 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 10 Family shares heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful son and father' Christopher
The concert takes place on November 1 and tickets are available from the box office on 08700 131030.
For more information about this or other 60th anniversary events, telephone 01438 242993 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Also as part of the 60th celebrations, an exhibition of the development of the New Town will be on display at the Boxfield Gallery in Stevenage until November 26.
Entry is free and anyone with memories to share can document them in a book at the gallery, which will be collected by the museum to add to their archive.