Award-winning duo on the bill as star folkies head to Hitchin for Sunday gig
- Credit: Archant
Star names Phillip Henry and Hannah Martin make a return visit Hitchin Folk Club on Sunday night.
The pair scooped last year’s BBC Radio Two Folk Award category for best duo, and have been acclaimed as one of the most exciting and innovative twosomes to appear on the folk/roots/acoustic scene in recent years.
They boast a rapidly expanding fanbase and a unique sound that spans many genres, and they’ve been touring constantly for the past three years with regular slots at Glastonbury, Sidmouth Folk Week and Green Man.
Phillip is one of the UK’s top slide guitarists and harmonica players who has immersed himself in the music of America’s Deep South of America as well as traditional music of the British Isles and Indian classical music, specialising in lap slide techniques.
Singer-songwriter Hannah weaves folklore and legend old and new with beautiful melodies to create creating haunting compositions.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting on Sunday at Hitchin’s Sun Hotel will be Enda Kenny, who was born and raised in Dublin before settling in his Australia nearly 30 years ago.
To find out more about this weekend’s show and the rest of the season’s programme, visit www.hitchinfolkclub.co.uk.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 7 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 10 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day