Award-winning duo on the bill as star folkies head to Hitchin for Sunday gig
- Credit: Archant
Star names Phillip Henry and Hannah Martin make a return visit Hitchin Folk Club on Sunday night.
The pair scooped last year’s BBC Radio Two Folk Award category for best duo, and have been acclaimed as one of the most exciting and innovative twosomes to appear on the folk/roots/acoustic scene in recent years.
They boast a rapidly expanding fanbase and a unique sound that spans many genres, and they’ve been touring constantly for the past three years with regular slots at Glastonbury, Sidmouth Folk Week and Green Man.
Phillip is one of the UK’s top slide guitarists and harmonica players who has immersed himself in the music of America’s Deep South of America as well as traditional music of the British Isles and Indian classical music, specialising in lap slide techniques.
Singer-songwriter Hannah weaves folklore and legend old and new with beautiful melodies to create creating haunting compositions.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting on Sunday at Hitchin’s Sun Hotel will be Enda Kenny, who was born and raised in Dublin before settling in his Australia nearly 30 years ago.
To find out more about this weekend’s show and the rest of the season’s programme, visit www.hitchinfolkclub.co.uk.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 6 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 Unbeaten run over but Alex Revell disappointed with manner of Salford defeat
- 9 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV