Award-winning duo on the bill as star folkies head to Hitchin for Sunday gig
- Credit: Archant
Star names Phillip Henry and Hannah Martin make a return visit Hitchin Folk Club on Sunday night.
The pair scooped last year’s BBC Radio Two Folk Award category for best duo, and have been acclaimed as one of the most exciting and innovative twosomes to appear on the folk/roots/acoustic scene in recent years.
They boast a rapidly expanding fanbase and a unique sound that spans many genres, and they’ve been touring constantly for the past three years with regular slots at Glastonbury, Sidmouth Folk Week and Green Man.
Phillip is one of the UK’s top slide guitarists and harmonica players who has immersed himself in the music of America’s Deep South of America as well as traditional music of the British Isles and Indian classical music, specialising in lap slide techniques.
Singer-songwriter Hannah weaves folklore and legend old and new with beautiful melodies to create creating haunting compositions.
Supporting on Sunday at Hitchin’s Sun Hotel will be Enda Kenny, who was born and raised in Dublin before settling in his Australia nearly 30 years ago.
To find out more about this weekend’s show and the rest of the season’s programme, visit www.hitchinfolkclub.co.uk.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service