Audio Review: Doctor Who – The Art of Death
WITH no new episodes of Doctor Who due to be broadcast until the autumn, fans have to seek out alternative options to get their next Time Lord fix.
Fortunately one such option comes in the form of AudioGo’s acclaimed series of exclusive audio adventures, which feature the Doctor, Amy and Rory in all-new stories read by cast members from the show.
Fresh from playing Miranda Cleaves in the 2011 episodes The Rebel Flesh and The Almost People, Raquel Cassidy is the latest guest star to take on the reading duties, in a story written specially for audio by James Goss.
After falling through a crack in time, the Doctor finds himself in the Horizon Gallery, offering the best view of the most impossible wonder of the universe – the Paradox, which has an indescribable beauty that can drive observers mad.
You may also want to watch:
The story is recalled from the perspective of gallery owner Penelope, whose softly spoken tones reveal an intimate story of her encounters with the Doctor, Rory and Amy as they slip through the cracks, which is an innovative way of approaching the story.
Raquel’s voice talents range from a spot-on Karen Gillan to simply mimicking Matt Smith’s delivery, and she captures the dynamics of the TARDIS crew admirably.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
A worthwhile addition to the AudioGo range which will certainly keep fans’ appetites sated until the show returns later this year.