Arts: The Hunchback of Notre Dame performed in Letchworth
GOTHIC classic The Hunchback of Notre Dame takes centre stage in Letchworth GC tomorrow (Friday) promising both laughter and tears.
Based on Victor Hugo’s tale of the life of hunchbacked bell ringer Quasimodo, Myriad Productions return to Letchworth Arts Centre with their new adaptation following a dramatic interpretation of Pride and Prejudice in their last appearance.
The play arrives in Letchworth GC on the back of critical acclaim received while performing at Barons Court Theatre over the summer.
The performance starts at 7.30pm and tickets start from �10. Call 01462 670788 to book.
September will also see one of Hertfordshire’s leading artists and art historians return to Letchworth Arts Centre for a new series of illustrated talks on art.
Martin Smith’s first appearance comes on Monday, September 27, as he discusses paintings in Hertfordshire.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
Other talks in the series will look at Paintings of Russia on October 11, Paintings of America on October 25, and Not the Golden Mean – a look at a range of artistic techniques – on November 8.
On November 22, the topic is Portraits, Landscapes and Figures, and the series concludes on December 6 with Society, Seascapes, and Saints.
All the talks start at 4pm and will run until about 5.30pm, with tickets priced at �5. To book either event call 01462 670788.