Arts: Swing and Jazz in Hitchin to get you In the Mood
FIVE star swing returns to Hitchin next week for a show that is bound to get you ‘In the Mood’.
Ivy Benson musician Simone Smith and her husband, Chris feature at the Queen Mother Theatre for a performance of a host of classic Big Band and Swing songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller through to Jools Holland-styled Jazz.
Speaking before Five Star Swing’s In the Mood show, bandleader Chris said: “I’ve been brought up with this style of music as my father (Chris Smith Snr) played trombone for Frank Sinatra on his European tours.
“It’s great that there’s a strong resurgence in Jazz and Swing music enjoyed by all generations. We were very pleased to perform for BBC TV’s Children In Need and the runners up of ITV’s Strictly Dance Fever.
“We’re looking forward to bringing the show back to town.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the 7.30pm concert at the Walsworth Road venue cost �10 or �9 concessions.
Call the theatre on 01462 455166 to book.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?