Arts: Swing and Jazz in Hitchin to get you In the Mood
FIVE star swing returns to Hitchin next week for a show that is bound to get you ‘In the Mood’.
Ivy Benson musician Simone Smith and her husband, Chris feature at the Queen Mother Theatre for a performance of a host of classic Big Band and Swing songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller through to Jools Holland-styled Jazz.
Speaking before Five Star Swing’s In the Mood show, bandleader Chris said: “I’ve been brought up with this style of music as my father (Chris Smith Snr) played trombone for Frank Sinatra on his European tours.
“It’s great that there’s a strong resurgence in Jazz and Swing music enjoyed by all generations. We were very pleased to perform for BBC TV’s Children In Need and the runners up of ITV’s Strictly Dance Fever.
“We’re looking forward to bringing the show back to town.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the 7.30pm concert at the Walsworth Road venue cost �10 or �9 concessions.
Call the theatre on 01462 455166 to book.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations
- 10 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running