Arts: Swing and Jazz in Hitchin to get you In the Mood
FIVE star swing returns to Hitchin next week for a show that is bound to get you ‘In the Mood’.
Ivy Benson musician Simone Smith and her husband, Chris feature at the Queen Mother Theatre for a performance of a host of classic Big Band and Swing songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller through to Jools Holland-styled Jazz.
Speaking before Five Star Swing’s In the Mood show, bandleader Chris said: “I’ve been brought up with this style of music as my father (Chris Smith Snr) played trombone for Frank Sinatra on his European tours.
“It’s great that there’s a strong resurgence in Jazz and Swing music enjoyed by all generations. We were very pleased to perform for BBC TV’s Children In Need and the runners up of ITV’s Strictly Dance Fever.
“We’re looking forward to bringing the show back to town.”
Tickets for the 7.30pm concert at the Walsworth Road venue cost �10 or �9 concessions.
Call the theatre on 01462 455166 to book.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know