Arts: Gotta Sing Gotta Dance in Stevenage
‘GOTTA’ buy a ticket is the cry from an all-singing all-dancing production promising a programme that fits the bill right across the musical theatre spectrum.
Coming to Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre next week, Gotta Sing Gotta Dance features a cast of top West End performers, accompanied by a live band, who take the audience on a ride through the world of musical theatre.
With over 60 songs from some of the greatest musicals ever written including Mary Poppins, Chicago, Les Miserables, Mamma Mia and Sweeney Todd, there’s bound to be something that hits the right note.
The Comet caught up with performer Adam Scown to ask about the show and his lengthy CV.
The 25-year-old Australian, who has been working and living in the UK for a number of years, said: “We do a lot of different songs from everyone’s favourite musicals.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been really really demanding as there’s only seven of us and we do about 60 numbers in total in two hours.
“It’s been hard work but you just have to give it your all every night.”
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays
Adam, who has appeared in BBC Three’s Don’t Tell the Bride, been a dancer for Kelly Clarkson and shot a film with Hugh Jackman, said of the latter: “He was just an absolute inspiration. I’ve been lucky to work with some brilliant people over the years.”
Two evening shows of Gotta Sing Gotta Dance will be performed on Monday and Tuesday with a 7.45pm start, as well as a 2.30pm matinee on Tuesday.
Tickets start from �19 and can be bought by visiting www.gordon-craig.co.uk or calling 01438 363200.