Arts: Favourites from top musicals for Stevenage charity bash
A LITTLE piece of New York and London is coming to Stevenage as an amateur dramatic and music society treat audiences to a night of their favourite musicals, and all for a good cause.
The Stevenage Lytton Players’ latest offering is Sharon Curtis and Friends, based on West End and Broadway musicals, and will feature hits from Les Miserables.
The show, performed by four members of the society, will, as Sharon puts it herself, “be a great evening of entertainment and all for a good cause” as all proceeds go to the Libra Support Group.
The Stevenage-based charity offer support to families with chronically ill children, holding weekly support meetings every Wednesday at Lister Hospital.
Tickets are priced at �7.50 for the show, which takes place on Wednesday, September 22, in the Oval Community Centre, off Verity Way.
You may also want to watch:
Another charity performance comes to Stevenage High Street the following month at Chequers on Friday, October 22, in aid of Addenbrookes Children Intensive Care Unit.
To book for either event call Barry Bristow on 07847 582581 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death