Arts: Favourites from top musicals for Stevenage charity bash
A LITTLE piece of New York and London is coming to Stevenage as an amateur dramatic and music society treat audiences to a night of their favourite musicals, and all for a good cause.
The Stevenage Lytton Players’ latest offering is Sharon Curtis and Friends, based on West End and Broadway musicals, and will feature hits from Les Miserables.
The show, performed by four members of the society, will, as Sharon puts it herself, “be a great evening of entertainment and all for a good cause” as all proceeds go to the Libra Support Group.
The Stevenage-based charity offer support to families with chronically ill children, holding weekly support meetings every Wednesday at Lister Hospital.
Tickets are priced at �7.50 for the show, which takes place on Wednesday, September 22, in the Oval Community Centre, off Verity Way.
You may also want to watch:
Another charity performance comes to Stevenage High Street the following month at Chequers on Friday, October 22, in aid of Addenbrookes Children Intensive Care Unit.
To book for either event call Barry Bristow on 07847 582581 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?