Arts: Dance extravaganza in Letchworth
A DANCE extravaganza is in store for those who visit Letchworth GC’s Plinston Hall tomorrow (Saturday) in an event which is raising money for charity.
Egyptian dance group Banat Al Gharb (Daughters of the West), Indian classical dance from Fabrizia Verrecchia and Pragathi Dance Troupe’s Sri Lankan dancers - all based in Hertfordshire - will be taking to the stage in aid of the Women’s Development Centre in Sri Lanka and Refuge UK.
They’ll be joined by Flexit Dance Academy, who perform a mixture of bhangra, street dance and Michael Jackson-styled routines, and Grant School of Irish Dancing, as well as an opening ceremony from Sri Lankan drummers.
The multi-cultural dance presentation starts at the Broadway-based venue from 7pm.
Tickets cost �15 or �10 concessions which includes a full Sri Lankan meal.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 01462 686075 or visit www.pragathicafe.com
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston