Arts: Dance extravaganza in Letchworth
A DANCE extravaganza is in store for those who visit Letchworth GC’s Plinston Hall tomorrow (Saturday) in an event which is raising money for charity.
Egyptian dance group Banat Al Gharb (Daughters of the West), Indian classical dance from Fabrizia Verrecchia and Pragathi Dance Troupe’s Sri Lankan dancers - all based in Hertfordshire - will be taking to the stage in aid of the Women’s Development Centre in Sri Lanka and Refuge UK.
They’ll be joined by Flexit Dance Academy, who perform a mixture of bhangra, street dance and Michael Jackson-styled routines, and Grant School of Irish Dancing, as well as an opening ceremony from Sri Lankan drummers.
The multi-cultural dance presentation starts at the Broadway-based venue from 7pm.
Tickets cost �15 or �10 concessions which includes a full Sri Lankan meal.
For more information call 01462 686075 or visit www.pragathicafe.com
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 9 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map