Arts: Dance extravaganza in Letchworth
A DANCE extravaganza is in store for those who visit Letchworth GC’s Plinston Hall tomorrow (Saturday) in an event which is raising money for charity.
Egyptian dance group Banat Al Gharb (Daughters of the West), Indian classical dance from Fabrizia Verrecchia and Pragathi Dance Troupe’s Sri Lankan dancers - all based in Hertfordshire - will be taking to the stage in aid of the Women’s Development Centre in Sri Lanka and Refuge UK.
They’ll be joined by Flexit Dance Academy, who perform a mixture of bhangra, street dance and Michael Jackson-styled routines, and Grant School of Irish Dancing, as well as an opening ceremony from Sri Lankan drummers.
The multi-cultural dance presentation starts at the Broadway-based venue from 7pm.
Tickets cost �15 or �10 concessions which includes a full Sri Lankan meal.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 01462 686075 or visit www.pragathicafe.com
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage