Arts: Comedy club double returns to Hitchin and Letchworth
LADDISH off-the-cuff anecdotes by a seasoned satirist and insights into the female pysche from a sweet young lady cum sharp-witted fox feature in a Comet country comedy night double.
The Lastminutecomedy Club returns to Hitchin and Letchworth on Friday, February 11, and Saturday, February 12, and this month welcomes stand-up comedians Bob Mills and Sally-Anne Hayward to the stage
Mills returns for his third Lastminutecomedy outing bringing the same challenging brand of laddish irreverant stand up since bursting on the scene more than 25 years ago.
Since then the Chester-born comedian has performed live across the UK, featured on TV shows including Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Have I Got News For You, as well as writing and producing ITV’s Bob Martin and Northern Lights.
Sharing the stage with Mills will be Hayward, who is looking forward to popping her Hertfordshire comedy cherry fresh from performing at major venues up and down the country.
You may also want to watch:
Described by BBC London Live as “small time country posh life versus young lady breaking into the stand-up circuit. Fabulous”, Hayward comes recommended with a CV which also boasts radio presenting and acting for the stage and TV.
As usual, the gigs will be hosted by infamous local antihero, Paul B. Edwards.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 7 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 8 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV
- 9 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 10 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage
Woodside Hall will provide the venue for Friday’s Hitchin show before the club moves on to Letchworth Arts Centre on Saturday.
Both shows start at 8.30pm with doors opening at 7.30pm.
Tickets are �10 or �8 for members and are available in advance for the Letchworth GC gig by calling 01462 670788 between 10am and 3pm from Monday to Saturday, or by dropping in to The Arcade-based centre itself.