Arts: Comedian’s Clownbusting antics in Stevenage
A COMEDY roadshow kicks off this weekend with a comedian who promises tales of nudist beaches and accidental drug smuggling.
Zoe Lyons’ Clownbusting show at Stevenage’s the Gordon Craig Theatre will be the first of four acts to grace the town over the next three months.
Zoe, who appeared on the most recent series of BBC hit TV show Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, took time out of her busy schedule to answer some quick-fire questions.
The Comet: What can comedy fans expect from your new touring show?
Zoe Lyons: My show is an hour and a half of confessions of an under achiever as well as tales of my loathing of souvenirs and nudist beaches and how I became an accidental drug smuggler.
You may also want to watch:
TC: What was the first joke you ever told?
ZL: I have a picture of me as a six month old podgy baby and I am wearing a massive curly wig. There is a look in my tiny eye that indicates I know that I look funny. It was my first ‘joke’ although I guess it would be classed more as performance art.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations
TC: Who are your five favourite comedians off all time?
ZL: Eddie Izzard, Dylan Moran, Steve Martin, Joan Rivers and Billy Connelly.
TC: Which super power would you like to have?
ZL: I would have a “mind ray” that would convince all airport check-in staff to upgrade me to first class.
What would you do if you had a time machine for a day?
I would go and stand on a grassy knoll with a view of the book depositary in Dallas Texas on the 22nd November 1963 and sort this thing out once and for all.
TC: Pop band JLS have just launched their own condoms, what merchandising would you like to see with your name on it?
ZL: Anybody who is anybody needs their own line in pasta sauces. That is definitely the way I would go. I like really spicy food so I think I would launch my range with a Ring of Fire Arrabiata.
TC: If the Roadshow could go anywhere in the world, where would you like it to go and why?
ZL: Taiwan, it looks like such a cool place to visit and they definitely have a good sense of fun and humour. I remember seeing footage of a presidential campaign from Taiwan and the candidate had loads of mascots dressed as milk cartons and pieces of fruit and I remember thinking this looks like a brilliant country.
The Comedy Roadshow with Zoe Lyons and supported by Chris Martin takes place on Saturday at 8pm.
Tickets cost �12.50 or concessions �10.50 - visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk to call 01438 363200 to book.