Arcadians say a big hello to Oklahoma! as Rodgers & Hammerstein classic hits Letchworth stage
- Credit: Archant
ASurrey with a fringe on top will be rolling into North Herts next week as Letchworth Arcadians prepare for their next full-scale show.
Their choice is an evergreen musical, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Oklahoma! – the curtain goes up at the St Christopher School theatre in Barrington Road next Wednesday, June 1, with performances continuing until Saturday, June 4, when there’s also a matinee.
The show is packed with memorable songs including Oh What a Beautiful Mornin’, People Will Say We’re In Love and the rip-roaring title song.
This is one of those great musicals that never fails to delight.
At its centre lies the rocky courtship of Laurey and Curly – Lucy Walker and Simon Latter, pictured right. Gilly MacGilligan is Ado Annie – the ‘girl who can’t say no’ – and her cowboy suitor Will Parker is played by Craig Perry. All four performers started out as members of Young Arcadians.
You may also want to watch:
Also in key roles are Elizabeth Shaw (Aunt Eller), Robert Driver (Ali Hakim), Rodger Newman-Turner (Andrew Carnes) and Clive Dancy (Jud Fry).
The production, featuring a strong cast of 40 performers, is directed by David Walker, with Graham Albone as musical director and Frances Aylin as choreographer.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
Tickets (£15, with £13 concessions available for Wednesday evening and Saturday matinee shows) are available on 07511 519387. Find out more online at www.letchworth-arcadians.co.uk.