Arcadians say a big hello to Oklahoma! as Rodgers & Hammerstein classic hits Letchworth stage
- Credit: Archant
ASurrey with a fringe on top will be rolling into North Herts next week as Letchworth Arcadians prepare for their next full-scale show.
Their choice is an evergreen musical, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Oklahoma! – the curtain goes up at the St Christopher School theatre in Barrington Road next Wednesday, June 1, with performances continuing until Saturday, June 4, when there’s also a matinee.
The show is packed with memorable songs including Oh What a Beautiful Mornin’, People Will Say We’re In Love and the rip-roaring title song.
This is one of those great musicals that never fails to delight.
At its centre lies the rocky courtship of Laurey and Curly – Lucy Walker and Simon Latter, pictured right. Gilly MacGilligan is Ado Annie – the ‘girl who can’t say no’ – and her cowboy suitor Will Parker is played by Craig Perry. All four performers started out as members of Young Arcadians.
You may also want to watch:
Also in key roles are Elizabeth Shaw (Aunt Eller), Robert Driver (Ali Hakim), Rodger Newman-Turner (Andrew Carnes) and Clive Dancy (Jud Fry).
The production, featuring a strong cast of 40 performers, is directed by David Walker, with Graham Albone as musical director and Frances Aylin as choreographer.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 5 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 6 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 7 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 8 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 9 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 10 'Bring it on!' Hitchin charity shops welcome back first customers
Tickets (£15, with £13 concessions available for Wednesday evening and Saturday matinee shows) are available on 07511 519387. Find out more online at www.letchworth-arcadians.co.uk.