Anyone for samba?
First there was line-dancing, then there was salsa, now there s samba. And everyone can take part in this new dance sensation, get fit and meet new people when samba dance classes get under way at Que Pasa bar in Hitchin. Top samba dance teacher Mariana a
First there was line-dancing, then there was salsa, now there's samba. And everyone can take part in this new dance sensation, get fit and meet new people when samba dance classes get under way at Que Pasa bar in Hitchin.
Top samba dance teacher Mariana and Hitchin's own samba band Toque Tambor are linking up to launch the new classes with a free session on Monday February 18 starting at 8pm. There'll be live Brazilian grooves from the band to dance to and after dancers have worked up a sweat during the hour-long class they'll be able to have a drink and socialise in the Latin-themed bar.
Samba dancing can be performed individually so it's not necessary to bring a partner, and men are also being invited along to learn some new moves.
The 20-week series of classes will be aiming to get dancers grooving so that they can join Toque Tambor in a Latin extravaganza when they perform at Rhythms of the World music festival in the summer (provided the festival goes ahead).
Toque Tambor will be taking part in the St Patrick's Day parade in Dublin in March and hopes to repeat the experience in 2009 as well as visit Rio de Janeiro for the carnival. Dancers could find themselves taking part in the 2009 events and dancing alongside Toque Tambor this summer as they visit many smaller functions such as fetes and local parades.
Que Pasa bar is in the former Corn Exchange building in Hitchin Market Place and everyone is invited to the launch party.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 5 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.