Another Aladdin on stage? Oh yes it is - and this one’s in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
The headline panto production in the region is now firmly into its lengthy run – but just because Aladdin is the seasonal show at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre doesn’t mean that others can’t have a crack at the familiar tale.
So next week students at the Da Vinci Studio School of Creative Enterprise in Letchworth will be presenting their own take on the story, complete with Widow Twankee, Wishee Washee and the rest.
This year the Da Vinci team have picked up the panto baton from North Herts College, following the transfer of dance, performing and production arts courses to the Letchworth campus.
Their Aladdin is very much a traditional family pantomime, suitable for all ages, with first year drama students determined to enjoy their spell in the spotlight.
The production will be staged at the Da Vinci Hall Theatre, with the students themselves making the props, costumes, lighting and stage setup.
You may also want to watch:
You can catch the show next Tuesday, December 16, and on Thursday, December 18, with performances at 1.30pm and 7.30pm on both days.
Tickets are £7 for adults, £5 for children and concessions – the box office is open from noon to 2pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays or call 01462 424370.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 6 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
If you’re looking for a panto show that’s a little out of the ordinary, try Hitchin’s Market Theatre where it’s the story of Hansel & Gretel, a production aimed at children aged four to nine. promising plenty of panto magic and audience participation.
Tickets are £10, and the show runs on Saturdays until January 3 with extra performances scheduled in for the week before Christmas – see www.markettheatre.co.uk for more.