An Easter Wonderland is in the offing at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre
- Credit: Archant
It won’t be the Easter bunny that grabs the attention at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre later this month – the White Rabbit will be one of the stars of the show at a new musical being staged over Easter.
The adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s classic children’s fantasy Alice in Wonderland is the venue’s in-house Easter production, with a five-day run which starts on Thursday, March 24.
Creative manager Catherine Lomax has adapted music and lyrics for the show with help from Khiley Williams and Phil Dennis.
She said: “At Easter we pick a family show which ideally ties in with something in children’s literature.
“I remember seeing Alice in Wonderland as a little girl and thinking how magical it was.
You may also want to watch:
“There is so much you can do with it theatrically – you can really make it your own.”
The popular tale marked its centenary last year with worldwide literary celebrations, and the team hope that their take will echo the success of the 2015 production Charlotte’s Web.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
Abbie Chambers takes the titlerole, and the cast also features the hugely-experienced Jenna Boyd tackling multiple roles, including the Dodo and the Queen of Hearts.
Tickets are on sale now at £18.50 per person of £60 for a family ticket for four people.
You can reserve yours by visiting the website at www.gordon-craig.co.uk or calling 01438 363200.