Alternative night to launch in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
IF ALTERNATIVE music is your thing, then you’re in for a treat.
For Hitchin electro-rock trio Sons of Guns are launching their exciting new alternative club night, Deadbeats, next weekend.
Promising an evening where you can throw some shapes to a variety of rock, indie, electro and rockabilly music, the event will make its debut next Saturday at Club 85.
Sons of Guns will be performing themselves, and there will also be a set from party rock foursome Hey! You Guys, ready to get the crowds going.
An eclectic range of DJs make up the night, with swinging sets from Mark Dubhe (rockabilly, surf, garage rock), an exciting debut set from DJ Grey Matter (kicking out danceable party jams), electro from local favourite DJ Doglatin and The Soundarc DJs playing the very best indie and rock.
Mark, from Sons of Guns, said: “We are so excited to be at the helm of an exciting new club experience in Hitchin.
“Sure, there are loads of clubs in town, but we’ll be offering the best live music and most eclectic DJ sets, all playing danceable rock’n roll, indie and electro.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 7 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
“We’ve also put lots of effort into the decor and theme, so the launch night is shaping up to be very special indeed.”
The band says the event will become a regular feature on the Hitchin music scene, with initial plans to make it bi-monthly.Tickets costs a fiver on the door, or can be bought in advance at the discounted price of £4 at The Vic in Hitchin, Dubhes hairdressers, Soundarc Studios, or online at www.sonsofgunsband.co.uk