Alternative club night back for round two in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
AN ALTERNATIVE club night is returning to Hitchin, after a successful launch in March.
The Deadbeats event is back for round two next Saturday (May 25) at Club 85.
Electro trio Sons of Guns have organised the event, which will see Brighton based punk-rock band Gnarwolves headline.
Having previously played with the likes of The Wonder Years and Boysetsfire, the edgy group are appearing the night before a set at Hatfield’s Slam Dunk festival.
Local group Crap Crab will also be there with a DJ set, DJ Greymatter will be providing more danceable electro mash-ups, and Tim Star provides a set accompanied by visuals.
The Soundarc DJs will then be providing music until the end of the night.
Once again, Essence Bakery will be cooking up a batch of alcoholic cupcakes for sale, and the venue will be transformed into a super-hip 60s Americana themed Beatnik lair.
- 1 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 4 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
Tickets are £5 and can be bought online at www.sonsofgunsband.co.uk – Doors open at 8pm.